Debts Consolidation in Toronto involves to borrow in order to pay off high interest debt to lower the total amount you pay on your debts each month. It usually involves using new debt from one creditor with better interest rates to pay off the existing debt.
The harassment of the collection agencies calls it is a constant worry and fear for a debtor who is behind in payments. In order to be able to manage their debts the Debt consolidation process in Toronto is seen as one good option (no matter how much their debt to their creditors.)
The main idea when you are in the process of consolidate your debts is to use a credit with a lower interest rates with one creditor in order to pay off multiple debts with multiple creditors, and the second step is to change your payment management because since you will be dealing just with one creditor you will pass from paying to multiple creditors to a single monthly payment to one creditor.
The following criteria needs to be applied n order to achieve the benefits of the Debt Consolidation process:
- The interest rate for the new loan should be lower than the interest of the loans you are trying to consolidate. For example, lets say you have a loan with your cards that have these rates 25%, 22%, and 18%. Lets say you can transfer the total of the previous debts into a credit card with a 15% annual rate or get a bank loan with 10% annual interest rate and use it to pay off the credit card debt, you improve your situation.
- The total amount of money you have to pay on your debts each month was lowered.
- You start paying your debts as fast as you can. As long as you have saved some money because you are paying a debt with less interest rate, this money you saved apply it to keep decreasing the principal (and more, if possible) to pay off the new debt.
- Your biggest commitment should be not to take another loan until you have payed off the debt you consolidated. That you pay less in on your debts amount is not the only benefit from the debt consolidation; Other great advantage is that by juggling fewer payment due dates, you will be able to re pay your outstanding bills easily. If you pay on time you will have less late fee charges and less damage to your credit history.
You can consolidate your debts in Toronto in several ways:
- Transferring high-rate credit card debt to a credit card with a lower interest rate – Getting a bank loan – Borrowing against your whole life insurance policy – Borrowing from your retirement account – Turning to a company that claims to offer assistance in solving debt problems. Such companies may offer debt consolidation loans, debts counseling, or debt reorganization plans that are “guaranteed” to stop creditors’ collection efforts.
Knowing exactly what option to choose when looking to consolidate your debt can be a very confusing process. A good option to get a better sense about what to do is to talk to your financial advisor or CPA that will help you to evaluate your options. The bigger your debt is the more important that advice become, otherwise you can make a very expensive mistake.
Be sure you understand that services the debt management company provides and what they will cost you. Such loans looks like great hassle eradicator, but it can cause more problems than it solves if you are not careful.